Re: radiopharmaceuticals

Dear Lynn-
Based upon what I know (not a lot) about phase I, II and III assessments, I
would say that the landlord could have liability.  At a minimum, the use of
radiopharmaceuticals in a building is cause for a potential buyer, or bank
lender, to have second thoughts about lending on the property without having
surveys performed to document no contamination.  This can be costly, even
when all operations are in accordance with the regulations.  The "new"
decommissioning rule can end up being more restrictive on you than the
regulations for operation of a facility.

Harry J. Newman, CHP
hnewman@aol.com