Re: Schroeder Delays Plant Closings

>Sweden:  Backed out
I am not sure that the battle is over. Politics is politics and besides that
- electric capacity has almost no value here with the current prices.
Personally I think that some of the extra capacity should be regarded as an
insurance - and motivate a higher average price on electricity. And then you
can be mad after some 10 years if there weren't enough with days below minus
40 (F = C). We had some brief periods with snow and hail in Stockholm
earlier today BTW (Down to 22 F (-5 C) last night).
It is actually quite complex - some of the prices here are very dependent on
quite dirty Danish coal generated electricity (predominating wind direction
is toward Sweden and the electricity can also be transported (sold) to
Sweden at peak times. Some more or less "diplomatic" words have been
exchanged between leading politicians in our countries. We have a lot of
electricity buying/selling between most of the Nordic countries.
Occasionally we even import electricity from Russia. As it seems now, some
of the politicians _may_ shut down one or two reactors just to say that
"they tried". Well, this is drifting off-topic (I apologize).
bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com