Re: testicular cancer paper by Davis and Mostofl

Dr. Moulder:

I'd like to ask you a follow up question regarding your paper.  You mention
that Davis and Mostofl generally did not follow the major steps in
evaluating cancer clusters, in this case testicular cancer.  Could you
expand on this for me.  I've reviewed their short paper and based upon the
major steps you outlined for studying cancer clusters, it appears to me that
perhaps they were lacking in not identifying the exposure adequately.  Is
this interpretation correct?  Any additional insight/information on this
paper would be appreciated as I'm clearly not an epidemiologist not am I
familiar with these types of studies.

This issue has resurfaced in the state again and an epidemiologist and
myself are meeting with Dr. Davis to discuss his methodology prior to
meeting with interested parties to discuss those findings (and limitations).

Thanks again,
Drew Thatcher
thatcher.drew@home.com
360.236.3255