RE: Radioactive Fossils

Laurie,

While at the Univesrity of Texas at Arlington (UTA),  in 1984?, a storage
room/graduate office in the Geology building contained enough radioactive
fossils that a tech passing by the room with his survey meter on detected the
radiation from the hall.  The result was to move some of the graduate students'
offices to another storage room and establish a boundary around the storage
container containing the radioactive fossils.

I will try to get more info, but there must be some record (?) of this action at
UTA if you want to contact them yourself.

Maybe this will help?
Scott E. Huneycutt
Research Scientist - External Dosimetry Project
Radiation & Health Technology
Battelle - Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
phone:	(509) 376-2409
fax:	(509) 373-0167
mailto:Scott.Huneycutt@pnl.gov