Re: Radioactive Fossils

I have two articles on the subject.  "Health Considerations of Radon
Source Fossil Vertebrate Specimens" from Collection Forum 5(1) 1989,
pp.5-10 and "Fossil Vertebrates as Radon Sources:Health Update" from the
July 1993 "Conserve O Gram" number 2/5. Both are written by nonHP types
and so must be evaluated and used in that light.

I also know of an article on the subject by a member of Radsafe.  Ken,
Are you out there? I don't have the citation for your article.

There is also a paoleolist that one can subscribe to that I hear has in
its archives a thread on the subject. [vrtpaleo   listproc@usc.edu]

I am currently doing some additional work with our museum staff on this
issue and you could email me directly if you would like to discuss what
we have found so far.

Aggie
Agnes.Barlow@Yale.edu
standard disclaimer