Re: LINEAR MODEL

In a message dated 05/06/99 10:11:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
faseiler@nmia.com writes:

> we think that the LNT pleonasm arose mainly because
>  someone was afraid that "linear" might be meant to include a
>  threshold and that had to be stopped

Listening to Dr. Seiler, I am reminded of Humpty Dumpty talking to Alice:

	"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone,
"it means just I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
	"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so
many different things."
	"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master --
that's all."

Glenn
GACarlson@aol.com