ICRP 60 revision

I am reading the article "ICRP consults..." (NRPB Bulletin, April
1999:9-10). The context is a proposed (less complex) revision of the
radiation protection recommendations of ICRP 60. The approach should be the
protection of individuals against the dangers from single sources.
In the second column, second paragraph, there is a sentence "There may not
be a need to distinguish between 'practices' and 'interventions', nor to
distinguish between different categories of exposure. In addition, there may
no longer be a need to differentiate between occupational, public and
medical exposures.

My question is what "different categories of exposure" means. Thanks for any
comments in advance.
bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com