leaving full trays in scintillation counters - what to do?

How do you folks handle trays (with tubes) that are being left in a
Scintillation Counter?  It doesn't happen often, but sometimes trays are
left in the unit.  It is then up to Safety to count them (again), and
dispose of them accordingly.

Since the units are being used by several labs, ideas being tossed around
are:

1. Lock up the lab and/or counter.  Anyone wanting to use a unit must check
out a key.  Issue here is what about those that use them after hours.
or,
2. Training, and signs, etc. (no locks).
or
3. hidden camera (just kidding folks, just kidding) :)

But seriously, is anyone aware of a user ID program for the Beckman LSC
units?  Something that one must enter their user name and password before
they area able to use the unit?

Or, if you have another idea that we could consider, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Brian Olson, RSO
Promega Corporation (biotech co.)
Ph: 608-277-260-2