From: Robert A Scott [mailto:bobscottchp@juno.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 1999 2:46 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Med. Procedure Disclosure

On Fri, 7 May 1999 13:10:31 -0500 (CDT) "Grimm, Lawrence"

>Fully informed consent is a nice "feel good" idea, but terribly
impractical.

>Larry Grimm
>Lgrimm@admin.ucla.edu <mailto:Lgrimm@admin.ucla.edu>

	And that, I feel, is why we have so many, many problems with
increased
litigation, increased fear, increased frustration, increased anger.
Despite the "terribly impractical" nature of "informed consent", it is
the ONLY way to treat people whom you service, whether patients, clients,
co-workers, parents, children, siblings, friends or enemies.  I believe
that's the practical expression of the concept: "Do to others in the same
manner as you want them to do to you."

Bob Scott, RPO
Roger Williams Medical Center
Providence, Rhode Island