Re: Discrpancies among different dosimeters

Not being involved in the processing, I can't assist you on
specifics. I would expect that the difference might be in the actual
spectra you're trying to measure, and, how the dosimeter you used
was calibrated, and what did the algorithm determine the dose path
to be. I suggest that you talk to whomever processed your
dosimeters for answers, for only they know how they were
processed, what assumptions were made, what did the glow
curves look like, what about the net response, reader corrections,
on-line QCs, etc. Pocket Chambers are not very good for pulsed
irradiations, since they are not only energy dependent, but dose
rate dependent. Geometry (front or back irradiation) should not be a
consideration.

What you didn't provide was the type of TLD used (type of chips,
i.e., LiF, LiBO, CaSO, CaF, etc ---  how many chips, etc.).

With more information, maybe some light can be shed.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205

              - G. K. Chesterton -