Re: Gofman Letter

	Some perspective on the "multi-hit" conjecture.  Allen Brodsky
wrote several good analyses of the data that would support the
multi-hit requirement for producing a genetic mutation, which would
also apply to genetic changes leading to carcinogenesis.

	Then some material on the claims made by Gofman.   Read the two
letters I published in Health Physics during 1990 and 1991.  The
1990 letter, "A mathematical analysis of the risk models advocated
by Gofman" analyzed contradictions within Gofman's advocacy of the
Relative Risk Model and the Supralinear Risk Model.  The 1991
letter, "You can't have it both ways, contradictions within Gofman's
response to Stovall", which dealt with contradictory aspects of
Gofman's response.

	Another good source of information on Gofman and his risk modeling,
is an Article which appeared in the New Scientist, in about 1974 or
1975.  The article," Anxieties about safety standards" was written
by Robin Mole.  It exposes some of the errors in Gofman's
mathematics relating to risk models.

	I hope this information will be useful.  Again, these opinions are
my own.

Joan Stovall
joans@pcez.com