Re: Contamination Control Slogans -Reply

You know the popular thing in other areas of industrial hygiene is behavioral science based programs and training.  You might check in to those.  I'm not sure how well the approach works, it might be worth some investigation on your part.  Try the American Industrial Hygiene Association for information.

My thoughts not the bureaus.

Diana D. Williams
DWILLIAM@gw.odh.stat.oh.us

>>> William McCabe <WMCCABE@tnrcc.state.tx.us> 05/25/99 10:56AM >>>
Slogans NEVER helped workers (or anybody) do a good job (read some
of Deming's books).  If you want (or need) to control contamination (or do
better than you already are) then look at your process to find out where it
is failing and correct that.  If you need to post something then post the
procedure (just the relevant steps) at the place where the activity occurs
(you'd be suprised how many problems occur because somebody forgot
a step).  It would be far more effective for supervisors to voice the
importance of surveying out of radiological areas, contamination control,
proper use of PPE, etc. (and even more effective if management all the
way to the top voices the importance of these activites) than signs with
slogans which become part of the background and ignored after a few
days/weeks.

William McCabe
wmccabe@tnrcc.state.tx.us

Standard Disclaimers and please keep off the grass, curb your dog, no
parking or standing, the white zone is for...

Hi, Radsafers:

I am working on a contamination control campaign here at the site and
would like
some ideas for slogans.  We have come up with some already but can
always use
more ideas. Our plan is to incorporate these slogans in postings around
work
zones and at control points to remind employees of the importance of