Re: Fwd:Contamination Control Slogans

If they are new to rad, then Behavioral Science might be worth trying.  This suggestion wasn't putting down the slogan idea, but a suggestion for another alternative.

Diana Williams
DWILLIAM@gw.odh.state.oh.us

>>> "Elizabeth Algutifan" <elizabeth_algutifan@wssrap-host.wssrap.com> 05/25/99 11:55AM >>>
Look, guys - I already know this may not work. But I have been given a directive
to do this. So far all I've heard from is naysayers. We've been on this project
for nearly 13 years and have a lot of experience with radcon issues. We have had
some specific occurrences recently that we feel might be averted in the future
with reminders such as these. One of the problems we have now, as we have
accelerated this project with a vision of completion within a few years, is new
people coming on to the site who have never worked on a project with
radiological concerns. We have well-established training programs, but there's
only so much you can do there to indoctrinate people to the importance of
contamination control. Our management, to their credit, has always stressed the
importance of health and safety from the top down.  And our VPP STAR STATUS will
be awarded next month, rather conclusively demonstrating management's (and
everyone's) commitment to excellence, if you ask me.

Elizabeth Algutifan,
Health Physicist
Weldon Spring Site Remedial Action Project
St. Charles, Missouri
Elizabeth_Algutifan@wssrap-host.wssrap.com