Upcoming CRSO conference

Hi Radsafers,

Just thought I would remind all you university and hospital RSO types
about the upcoming Campus Radiation Safety Officer's conference, taking
place at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge,
Massachusetts June 20-24.

>For those of you who have not attended a CRSO meeting before - it's usually
attended by several hundred or so RSOs from universities and hospitals
from the U.S.A., Canada and usually includes some  RSOs from overseas as
>well.  The CRSO meetings I've attended since 1985 were excellent - all
operational rad safety, which I found immensely useful - it's one of
those conferences where you don't want to miss a single paper or
session, because almost all the topics are relevant to your own
operations back at home.   Those RSOs who regularly attend the bienniel
CRSO conference are also a very friendly group of folks who know how to
have fun at the various social events.   The CRSO conference  only takes
place every two years, so if you don't take in this June's meeting,
>there won't be another opportunity until 2001.

Proposed Topics for the 1999 Meeting:

*Waste Disposal
*Waste Storage/segregation
*Mixed waste
*EPA Inspections
*Integrated programs
*Transportation
*Decommissioning
*Laser Safety
*Biosafety
*Nonionizing
*Bioassay
*Calibration of Instruments
*Dosimetry/Personnel Monitoring
*Lab Surveys
*Rad Material Purchasing/Inventory
*Software for HP Office
*Medical: Release of Patients
*Rad Safety training

I'm a Canadian hospital RSO who has been helping to organize the session
on the medical therapeutic use of radioactive material and the impact of
the new NRC regulations on the release and management of patients
undergoing this type of therapy.   As you can see from the above list of
topics, this is only one of the many topics which will be covered at the
CRSO conference.

For more information about the CRSO meeting, registration forms, etc.,
check out the website:
http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/org/r/rpo/CRSO.html

I hope to see you there!!

Karin