"Free" gauges offered

One of our users has expressed an interest in donating one or all of
three radioactive gauges.  The property control people tell us that the
recipient should be a state or U.S. government agency, but that
institutions of higher education (whether public or private) are also
acceptable.  We may be able to transfer to a private company, but only
if there is no other interest in the gauges.  The recipient must (of
course) also be authorized to possess the gauge(s).  Recipient pays the
cost of shipping.

The gauges are as follows:
1. Troxler gauge model #1351, 8.6mCi Cs-137 on 05/22/1980.
2. Troxler gauge model #1255, 100mCi Am-241(Be) on 07/10/1979.
3. Seaman Nuclear model #C75, 4.5mCi Ra-226(Be) date unknown.

All gauges were intended for use in surface or shallow subsurface
studies when transferred to UIUC, but as far as anyone knows, were never
used here.

If interested, please contact me via private e-mail (address below in
.sig).

--
Melissa Woo, Health Physicist <mailto:m-woo@uiuc.edu>
Div. of Environmental Health & Safety