RE: Range of protons in water

If you have a copy of Jim Turner's book, "Atoms, Radiation, and
Radiation Protection," there's just such a table.  In my copy (1992
edition), it's Table 4.3 on page 82.  The table gives both stopping
power and range for protons in water from 0.01 up to 4000 MeV.  In
principle, I wouldn't expect a huge difference in the stopping power of
light water versus heavy water either.

Good luck.

Philip

________________________
Philip C. Fulmer, PhD, CHP
TetraTech NUS
900 Trail Ridge Road
Aiken, SC 29803
(803) 649-7963
fulmerp@ttnus.com

Dear Radsafers

We need to know the approximate range of protons in water
(preferentially heavy water, though I do not think there can be much
difference from light water), in the energy range 1 to 10 MeV.