From: Sharon Kerrick [mailto:skerrick@ans.org]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 1999 1:28 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ans-pubpol-p
Subject: Coming to TV screens near you...PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR
COLLEAGUES

To All,

PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH COLLEAGUES

The following announcement came from WGBH, PBS.  I hope you will make a
point to watch the broadcast of "Fallout", scheduled to be televised the
evening of June 15.
I think it will be of interest because of what it does not cover.

Also, I recommend you take a look at the web site mentioned below.
Specifically visit "About the Series", "Timeline", "Thematic--themes", and
be sure to look at the "Teacher's Guide" for each theme.  The producers are
presenting facts, but I still get a certain message throughout the
programming.

Be sure to forward your comments on the program--they created a section for
you to use.  I'm sure you'll have a few to share.

Sharon

" <National_Promotion@wgbh.org> 06/10 2:39 PM >>>
Good day from WGBH!

Program Notice:	Please share with your membership via web site and/or
			electronic mail.

"Fallout"
Nuclear energy is unleashed

Program premiere:  Tuesday, June 15, 1999 at 9pm on PBS (check local
listings)

"Fallout" is one of thirteen new programs due to debut this summer as part
of PEOPLE'S CENTURY, PBS's award-winning history of the century. Beginning
Monday, June 14, 1999, explore the potential and perils of nuclear energy
and the extraordinary events of these 100 years through the eyes of the men
and women who made and lived it whether on the front lines of war or the
battle against racism, the fight for freedom or the struggle for equality.

In "Fallout," those who were there remember:  the Atomic bomb, Hiroshima,
Nagasaki, nuclear testing, protest movements, H-bomb, arms race, effects of
radiation poisoning, Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD), Arms Reduction
Treaty (Reagan/Gorbachev), Chernobyl.  Alfre Woodard narrates.

"After the bomb had gone off, I lay on my stomach, unable to move, for a
year and nine months, waiting for my wounds to heal....Nobody thought I
would survive."?Sumiteru Taniguchi, Japan

Please visit our web site for additional program information.
(www.pbs.org/peoplescentury) Extended interview transcripts available June
4.

Sharon Kerrick
Manager Outreach