Re: Self-shielding in air particulate samples

Hi All,
I also was looking recently for a technique for correcting for
self-absorption in a filter paper. I remember an experiment we did in a lab
course at NYU where we alpha (beta?) counted both sides of a paper filter
and caclulated the total activity based on the cpm on each side.  My memory
says it was a radon daughter air sample pulled on an 8x10-inch paper
filter.  But I could not derive the formula, or remember exactly how it was
done.  Anyone else have Ed Wrenn's course on radiation counting
instrumentation?
Regards,
Wes
--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP            KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Associates