RE: Nuclear Laundry

I agree. The article is very enlightening about the mindset and objectives
of the anti- group. When they cried "contamination everywhere", the school
kids said "ok lets measure just how bad the contamination is". The
anti-group enthusiastically went along for the ride until the results did
not jibe with their pre-concieved ideas... then they started  trying to
prevent any further measurements, and actually succeeded preventing access
to a key site. The kids already had the data, though. After all that, the
city council refused to consider the data in its decision to enact the
ridiculous ordinance. (dont bother me with the facts, please.)

The ordinance sounds utterly ridiculous. It outlaws the discharge of ANY
radionuclide with a long halflife, with no limits, automatically placing
everyone in town in violation (except medical facilities, I think, I dont
have the article in front of me.)

Some traces of Co-60 were found in the sludge field... 70 pCi per kg I
think. Because of this, the anti-group asked the school principal to stop
the project because the kids werent wearing protective clothing... And
actually used the "no pc's" as an argument to invalidate or discount the
data. Yeah, whatever.

The article is a good read.

Charles Migliore RRPT
charles.w.migliore@nspco.com