Re[2]: Plate Glass for Shielding

I always try the NIST Physics Laboratory data base.
(http://physics.nist.gov/PhysRefData/XrayMassCoef/tab2.html)

I found the following data on plate glass (pyrex) there;

GLASS, BOROSILICATE ("PYREX")

Density (g/cm3) 2.230E+00

Composition (Z: fraction by weight)
5: 0.040066
                                                                       8:
0.539559
                                                                       11:
0.028191
                                                                       13:
0.011644
                                                                       14:
0.377220
                                                                       19:
0.003321

I hope this will be of assistance.
-mike
Subject:    Re: Plate Glass for Shielding
Author: <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Date:       7/20/99 12:13 PM

barrym@stripe.colorado.edu wrote:

> Hi Everyone -
>
> Does anyone have a breakdown of the constituents of plate glass?  I'm
> trying to determine it's ability to shield low energy x-rays.  Intuitively,
> I'm sure this will be more than sufficient, but I'd like to be able to pass
> on some information to the researcher.  Feel free to email me directly at
> the address below.

Finally, something I'm current on :-)  (retirement does that to
you.)