Re: Nuclear Laundry; Mindset of Anti's

Duncan Howe wrote:

> The mindset and objectives of anti-groups are molded in part by gross
> misperceptions of risk followng exposure to low level radioactivity.  Etc.

It has been my experience (admittedly limited) that the "antis" do not want to
be "educated".  I'm sure that there are exceptions, but it seems to me that they
"know" the "truth" and consider any opinions opposing theirs as attempts to
justify an agenda that will surely make somebody rich at the expense of the
general population.

Also, although very unfortunate, court room environments constitute a different
world where facts are a very small part of the proceedings and usually have
little to do with the outcome of a civil case argued before a jury.  It is, of
course, quite important that the jury be educated as to the facts in a manor
that has real meaning to them, but, unfortunately, emotion usually rules.
Perception becomes everything.

Just my own opinion.

Jack Bell, bellstar@erols.com