RE: P-32

One of the videos we show in our Rad Safety Class shows a researcher using
a foot long 2"X4" piece of wood with a hole drilled in it the size of the
vial.  The vial is then held securely in this while pipetting.  It provides
shielding and distance to the operation.  It looks like a viable unique
technique.  We had a researcher using 5 mCi amounts at a time at the VA and
he had some pretty high doses.  E-mail Arnulfo Germes at the VAMC and he
can give you approx. exposures for 5 mCi in a similiar experiment.  If I
was still there, I would try the 2"X4" handling/holding tool.
arnulfo.germes@sanfrancisco.va.gov

Patrick Muldoon, CHP
pmuldoon@mail.arc.nasa.gov