Re: Next Rad. News Story- Cassini

Hi all,

The near Earth boost will be on August 18 (nearest fly by, gravity
acceleration boost). I also think that we (as a profession) may be
answering questions about this as the media picks up on it, so in the
interest of Radiation Safety->

NASA has a very nice web page on the Cassini mission:
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/cassini/

Info on the Earth (and other planets) fly by is found best on:
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/cassini/msnstatus/cassguide.html

They have a nice "where is Cassini now" web page:
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/cassini/today/

Plus a very well put together web site on "Nuclear Safety" (i.e., the
RTGs):
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/cassini/rtg/

Bruce A. Busby    -     Radiation Health Physicist
W- bab1303@doh.wa.gov      H-babusby@aol.com
Rad Prot. Div. - Dept. of Health - Washington State
7171 Cleanwater Lane, Bldg. 5   Olympia, WA  98504