Re: No increase, or less, cancer after I-131 treatment of hyperthyroidism

Just a comment: The L-E. Holm studies on I-131 and treatment for
hyperthyroidism (from around 15-20 yrs ago) concerned only adults. I think
that it is always important to make this distinction. I have seen a "green"
discussion about childhood thyroid cancer and then refs. to L-E. Holm's work
(to downgrade it) without a proper note about the child/adult difference.
Did Dr. R. Yalow publish any research studies on the risks of I-131 BTW (did
I miss any references?)?

bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com
Any opinions expressed above are those of mine and may not necessarily
coincide with those of others.