RE: DU in the Balkans

There should have been relatively little DU from NATO forces.  We stayed in
the air while the killing was on the ground.  The only rounds that might
have had DU would have been those from a plane's machine gun.  All of your
other munitions, such as missiles, should have been explosive in nature.

I wonder if the ancient T-72 tanks used by the Yugoslav army are even
outfitted for DU rounds?  Even if they were, such an armor piercing round
would have been a waste against civilians.  Any home struck by such a
kinetic energy weapon would most likely have enough structural damage to
warrant removal and reconstruction of the affected parts of the structure.

With all of the real problems in that region, I don't see how this could
make anyone's top 100 list of priorities.  It would be a shame to see
unnecessary hysteria, when there is already so much real tragedy.

Sincerely,
glen
glen.vickers@ucm.com