Re: RE: DU in the Balkans

Art,

I'm not the expert here but I think not.   US forces could barely handle air sampling for chem and bio agents.  And you can see from the long running controversy surrounding causes of the Persian Gulf syndrome, we don't have good data.   (Maybe thats   "any" data...??)

 Besides,  in some areas of Kuwait, Saudi and Southern Iraq you would need a HEPA pre-filter to keep the oil smoke out of your air sampler.     Having done some air sampling and knowing how quirky these puppies are ...it would have been a mess.

Just my ramblings......

Jim Myers
jhm@nrc.gov