RE: CARI Software

Radsafers:

Out of curiosity, I did download the CARI software a couple of days ago.  It
did take some work to find it, but after some time I managed to download it,
and print out the web page with heliocentric potentials (although the newest
one was for Feb '99).  However, once I "installed" the software, I found it
quite difficult to use.  In addition to my HP background, I have a degree in
Computer Science and many years of experience with computers and software.
I cannot imagine that a user with little computer experience could get it to
work, never mind interpret the results.  If the FAA wants to provide a
USEFUL software tool for airline crews to calculate their estimated doses,
the CARI software needs some serious work on its interface.

Obviously, these opinions are my own.

Chris Clement