Re: Pu Induced Lung Cancers

"Ron L. Kathren" wrote:

> Responding to Ruth's query, there is a very large body of evidence on Pu
> induced lung cancers experimentally produced in animals.  There is also at
> least one peer reviewed publication that suggests a threshold of 1 Gy for Pu
> induced lung cancer.
>
> Using the Pu injection cases is not appropriate.  They were too few in
> number, already ill and in most instances died relatively soon after
> injection (and hence not long enough for the cancer to develop), and a few
> were lost to followup.

Ron,

I seem to recall (vaguely) reading something quite awhile ago about healthy
volunteers being injected with a short half-life Pu isotope in England.

Is this just a figment of my failing memory.  It is bad enough forgetting
things.  Remembering things that never occurred is really scary!

Jack Bell, bellstar@erols.com