CARI Software

There seem to be people who don't like the CARI package, and it would be
nice if it was available in a Windows version, but it works, and if you are
like me and have to model high-altitude doses as part of the pre-flight
arrangements for a university high-altitude atmospheric research team who
fly regularly at 45000 - 60000 feet, you a grateful the program was developed.
I have to do the modelling as a flight requirement of the Australian Civil
Aviation Safety Authority licensing requirements for the high-altitude
research aircraft the university uses.
I have also had to produce a short manual explaining the risks/hazards of
ionizing radiation and the requirements for the pre-flight modelling and
the wearing of a special dosimeter pack.
The pack is not perfect, given the spectra, but it is reasonable and was
developed by the monitoring service of ARPANSA (Aus Radn Protectn & Nuclear
Safety Authority). ARPANSA people have also worked with commercial airlines
in Aus on the dose to crew and passengers.
I do agree with one comment - the heliocentric potentials from the FAA web
site are months behind!
Regards
Gerald
Dr Gerald Laurence
University Radiation Safety Officer
University of Adelaide and Flinders University of SA

PO BOX 351
BURNSIDE   South Australia  5066
e-mail   Gerald.Laurence@aduchem.com.au
Phone  (61) 8 8379 6839