Re: Laser Toys

This concern has been in the back of my mind for a while; many thanx for bringing
it up.  Regardless of the disclaimers, they're marketed as toys.  In addition to
the possibility of injuring someone's eyesight, they can also be mistaken for a
gun sight.  A police officer, or any armed person for that matter, having one of
these aimed at him would be reasonable in assuming he's been targeted, and acting
accordingly.

I'm surprised that the manufacturers don't seem to be concerned about product
liability.  A disclaimer doesn't mean much in the hands of a good lawyer (an
oxymoron, but you know what I mean!).

The Health Physics Society may want to consider taking a position on this.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com