DOT, NRC and IAEA 1996

I just got word that DOT and NRC will be publishing an ANPRM on adopting the
IAEA 1996 transport regulations for radioactive material soon. Wendell
Carriker of DOT says that some of the values for concentrations of
radionuclides will be more restrictive and may impact transporters of NORM.
The IAEA Rules are published as ST-1 by Bernan publishing  in Maryland.

We didn't discuss the impact on the other types of transport - but consider
this a "heads up" message.

Lew
Company intranet:   http://people.chevron.com/lcoo/
Off-work internet:      http://home.pacbell.net/cookl/