Re: Liquid Scintillation Counting for I-125

        Lori,

        I've made up a number of quench standards for LSC's using I-125.  - Depending on quench (sounds like a disclaimer) - In an unquenched/minimally unquenched sample I usually get about 75 - 78 % efficiency with my Beckman 6000 LSC....The LSC is mostly "seeing" the betas...

        P.S. I understand that the "cooled" LSC's may have a little better efficiency than my Beckman.

        Hope this helps,

        Joel Baumbaugh, (baumbaug@nosc.mil)
        SSC-SD