WOW!!!!

50,000 dpm isn't considered being contaminated????
Might as well do away with your HP dept....that ought to save some money!!!
But just let me know where you work so I don't accidently eat at your cafeteria
and set my spoon down on your MRad smearable tables, or mistakenly use your
phones which would be screaming with contamination after a week or so.  Oh, by
the way, I'm sure your six week old baby will be thrilled to know that you are
handling her bottles with hands reading 50 K.

I must be missing something here.
If your program is so lousy that you have to bump up your action levels to 50K
you might as well forget it and get into some other business.

If your workers cannot perform their jobs without getting contaminated I just
have to wonder how well they do their work?  Contamination is nothing but
radioactive dirt and everywhere I have worked my boss would get more than a
little upset at me if I didn't try to keep my work place reasonably clean.  So
how can hiring slobs save you money?  If they work on anything won't they do
substandard work???  Won't that equipment break down quicker than if you had
professional people work on it?  Doesn't it cost more to fix something three
times instead of once?  We have literally thousands of entries into
contaminated areas weekly in the power industry and look at personnel
contaminations as indicators of a much more serious problem.

What I am saying here is that there is no excuse for people to get contaminated
unless there is some very unusual event that causes it.  Bumping up the levels
to 50 K is just trying to hide a problem that will only get worse if it isn't
addressed.

Just my soapbox
Ron Shepherd
shephrl@gwsmtp.nu.com