RE: More bad news

One bizarre item that came to mind on this topic, is something I read in a
book by I. Pacepa, called Red Horizons.
In it, the author - a former head of the secret service in Romania's
Ceaucescu regime - writes of the latter's penchant for using radioactive
substances for disposing of imprisoned political detainees (among other
nasty assasination techniques...).
It all seemed a bit far fetched to me when I read it, and no way to
confirm/disprove one man's words - though it would be fairly easy to check
by surveying any victims, be they dead or alive....
My Romanian friends all seem to believe Pacepa's words, and hold his book in
high regard (but this could be a manifestation of the "martyr syndrome")
Ceaucescu was certainly evil enough to be capable of such crimes, but it
seems to me that such a method would be rediculously complicated and
expensive, especially in a country that is not known to have had any great
capacity for production of large quantities of radioisotopes...
Has anyone heard any more on this ?

jaro
frantaj@aecl.ca