Re: Personnel Contamination Events

Lets see....I can't remember a time that I ever used woven
cotton material as a primary barrier to stop the spread of
contamination, with the exception of filters and cloths to
clean up spills of contamination. That's what PVC/herculite
was invented for.  Cloth PCs are to prevent the spread of
contamination from one area to another (the wear excluded)
and were never expected to stop all contamination from
getting through to the person wearing them.  If really want
to reduce vexatious skin contamination incidents, then
logically, you would not put personnel in contaminated cloth
PCs.  If you insist on using contaminated PCs then you can
always put an impervious material between them and the
contamination, e.g. plastic.  Which should really make the
worker happy, but would go a long way in reducing your skin
contamination events.

I personally would not investigate anything greater than 10
percent of the occupational exposure limits.  Also, what is
wrong with having workers shower after removal of their PCs
and before whole body frisking?

BTW, since we are allowed to intake a certain amount of
radioactivity during occupational exposures, how does the
philosophy of tracking of spot/localized skin contamination
in the range of 1,000 to 5,000 dpm compare from a cost
benefit standpoint.

My 2-bits....

High Plains Drifter
magna1@jps.net