Re: seeds recovered at TURP procedures - response to reply

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:04:13 -0500 (CDT) Chris Alston
<alstonc@odrge.odr.georgetown.edu> writes:
>Kathleen
>
>Your article sounds interesting and, potentially, very useful, but,
>I'm not
>so sure that this is the right context.

	But what we don't know yet is whether those seeds will rupture from the
intense heat of the crematorium; I suspect they will.  Fortunately, the
I-125 is bound to some type of resinous material, because we have broken
3 seeds at different times, with no airborne activity occurring.  Thus,
if the seeds rupture, will the bound I-125 go up the stack, or become
bound to the walls of the crematorium?  Also what about Pd-103?  I don't
know what that is bound to inside the seed cladding.  So there still are
some questions that need to be answered in this context.

Bob Scott, RPO
Roger Williams Medical Center
Providence, Rhode Island
bobscottchp@juno.com