Re: RADSAFE digest 2615

======== Original Message ========
Mike,

Eberline is not the manufacturer but I cannot remember the correct company
off hand.  We use Fidlers at the Nevada Test Site.  We have an Eberline
ESP-1
unit attached to the detector the read out is in count per second.  It is
set
to see 60 kev Am-241, from there you can figure the ratio of Pu present in
the soil.  A Violinst is the same detector attached to a multichannel
analyzer the reads in pico curies per gram.

If you are interested I can get the name and address of the manufacturer.

Insert standard disclaimers here

Rich Sorom
Bechtel Nevada
Nevada Test Site