Re: Low energy NaI detection

Maybe I'm missing something, but NaI detectors, being hygroscopic, have to
be "canned," and  this cladding will attenuate low energy photons, even with
low noise electronics.  SiLi detectors are generally the instrument of
choice for low energy photons.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com