food irradiation

For those of you who are interested, there was an online chat on ABC.com
today that dealth with e. coli safety.  The principle "chatter" has, sadly,
lost his son to e. coli.  He made some very supportive statements about
food irradiation.  I was almost surprised that there weren't any
radiation-phobic responses.  For the complete text, go to
http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/ecolivictim091399_chat.html
Philip Hypes
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Safeguards Science and Technology Group (NIS 5)
(505) 667-1556  phypes@lanl.gov

Opinions expressed are purely my own unless otherwise noted