RE: RADSAFE digest 2648

carol Marcus wrote:

"As it is
> available only by prescription, get one of your docs to write as many
> prescriptions as are necessary, and instruct that anyone using it after an
> accident should report to Nuclear Medicine for a thyroid uptake."

We keep a container of Activated Charcoal in the room and train both the
patient and the staff to utilize it in the event of a spill, or sickness.  I
am not sure if it totally the concern of inhalation, but it certainly helps.

SGT Jeffrey Jennelle
Health Physics Office
Tripler AMC, HI
(808) 433-6925