Re: Low Level Radiation Conference Nov 8-10

eudora="autourl">http://www.afrri.usuhs.mil/www/conference/events.htm</a>
>Conference Secretariat, c/o Dr. Tom Seed, Armed Forces Radiobiology
Research<br>
>Institute, 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20889-5600 USA, Tel:<br>
>301-295-3596, Fax: 301-295-6503, E-mail: Seed@mx.afrri.usuhs.mil <br>
>We welcome your posting this announcement on your respective web sites,
etc.<br>
>There is a limit to the number of participants that can register, so we<br>
>invite an early registration.<br>
>information can be accessed at <a
href="http://www.ehs.uiuc.edu/%7Erad/radsafe.html";
eudora="autourl">http://www.ehs.uiuc.edu/~rad/radsafe.html</a></font></block
quote><br>

>Los Alamos National Laboratory<br>
>Radiation Protection Services, ESH-12<br>
>X-Ray/Source Control Team Leader<br>
>PO Box 1663, MS K483<br>
>Los Alamos, NM&nbsp; 87545<br>
>PH:&nbsp;&nbsp; (505) 667-8085<br>
>FAX:&nbsp; (505) 667-9726<br>
>lee_david_w@lanl.gov<br>

Dear David and Other Radsafers:

I caught the same interpretation initially, and then realized that it could
mean "low level radiation damage", which would be caused by moderately HIGH
levels of radiation absorbed dose, as opposed to "damage caused by low
levels of radiation".  I don't honestly know which meaning applies, but
given the source, which is a reputable group, I assumed that it referred to
low level burns, etc., which would be caused by moderately high levels of
absorbed dose.  Perhaps AFRRI can clear it up.

Ciao, Carol

Carol S. Marcus, Ph.D., M.D.
<csmarcus@ucla.edu>