Re: What is a PBq?

	peta???

	Joel Baumbaugh (baumbaug@nosc.mil)

At 08:10 AM 9/28/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Can someone out there tell me what the 'P' in PBq stands for? See it in
>context below:
>
>Department of the Army (also known as TACOM-ACALA, Army, and Licensee) is
>the holder of NRC License Nos. 12-00722-06, 12-00722-13, and 12-00722-14
>issued by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC or Commission) pursuant to
>10 CFR Part 30. The licenses authorize possession of up to 1.5 million
>curies (55.5 PBq) of tritium, 25 curies (0.93 TBq) of americium-241, and
>1000 curies (37 TBq) of nickel-63 for use in self-luminous fire control
>devices, in chemical agent detectors, and in chemical agent monitors. The
>licenses authorize use and storage of these devices at Army, Marine, and
>Navy installations throughout the United States. The licenses were initially
>issued on June 23, 1977, May 23, 1984, and May 3, 1985, respectively, and
>each is currently due for renewal or in the renewal process.
>
>Carol Lentz
>carol.lentz@wl.com

Joel T. Baumbaugh, MPH, MHP
baumbaug@nosc.mil
Radiation Safety Officer
SSC San Diego, CA

	NOTE:	The contents of this message have not been reviewed, nor approved by
the Federal Government, the U.S. Navy, my bosses or my wife...

	 "If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How
intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your
neck?" [Linda Ellerbee]

	Hey, what can I say, she's right!!!...jb