personrem/personSievert - probability of causation

Besides the summing up of all doses as personSv (personrem)
as a routine there is the more detailed issue of
_probability of causation_ (cancer) and this was really
what I was after. Looking at those tables and graphs in the
second half of ICRP 60 (I don't have it with me at this
moment) it is clear that one has to take into account how the Sieverts/rems
are distributed according to age and gender.
Personrem/Sievert is not clear enough in this context.
It is quite easy to calculate the relative (men vs. women)
cancer risks from the ICRP 60 publication. The assumptions
built into the risk models in ICRP 60 can, however, be
discussed - in particular how the added extra cancer risk
(associated with the radiation exposure) is distributed in
time (additive vs. multiplicative models).

Besides these aspects I favor strongly a neutral language
regarding gender - whenever the gender is irrelevant for
the issue discussed.

My own thoughts only, Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com