RE: S.Korea Launches Probe Into Nuclear Accident -Reply

> The fatal dose number usually represent a dose at which the does has a
> 50/50 chance of causing a fatality.  At least that what I use to calculate
> as the fatal dose limit.

While the above interpretation may be in use, what we are really
defining is the LD-50 value. This is not the a value that defines
fatality. It is a statistical evaluation. If I were an uninformed
individual, and I was told that the fatal dose is x, I would then
assume that when I received a dose of x value, that I WILL die. This
is not correct, and is poor use of semantics.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205

              - G. K. Chesterton -