Re: S.Korea Launches Probe Into Nuclear Accident

Mike McNaughton asked:

> Assuming Hisashi Ouchi received 1.7 SV, and assuming a neutron quality
> factor of 10, one might guesstimate this is about 0.15 Gy gamma and 0.15 Gy
> neutron. Would you expect this to be a fatal dose?

As you said, "expect". The point remains that there is no fixed value
at which one can categorically state fatality threshold will occur
(unless you want to go much higher in what the individual was exposed
to. For instance, we could use the dose value of 3.0 SV, 5.0 SV where
death is a 100% certainty). The issue at hand is current technology
and medical intervention needs to be considered when we begin to
address risk and dose.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205