RE: Survey plans for release of equipment?

> Please remove foot from mouth and read MARSSIM.  You sound like...

Hmmmmm. We not only attack antinukes ad hominem, we also eat our own.

Still, if we do remove our foot from our mouth and read MARSSIM, although I
don't know why removing the foot should be necessary,  we would find that
MARSSIM has the following to say regarding smears:

"measurements of smears are very difficult to interpret quantitatively.
Therefore the results of smear samples should not be used for determining
compliance. Rather, they should be used as a diagnostic tool to determine if
further investigation is necessary."

This would seem to buttress Scott's original point which was:

>I would think that all of the variables would make it >almost impossible to
consider releasing an item on the >basis of swipe/smear alone.

Paul Frame
Professional Training Programs
ORAU
framep@orau.gov