Re: Inappropriate comparisons

Peter Crane said this:

> Sandy Perle would do
> well to offer a prompt apology to Dave Lochbaum and Glenn Carlson, and
> to do so publicly, here on RADSAFE.

Since Peter raised this issue again, I owe an explanation.

First of all, I did NOT equate Mr. Lochbaum to Hitler. I simply said
that to defending UCS was akin to defending Hitler (a Buchananism).
So, if anyone, including Mr. Lochbaum perceive that I was equating
Hitler to him personally, I was not, and apologize if that was the
interpretation.

As far as an apology to Glenn. Why? If Glenn felt the above
correlation, then he is included in the apology. In a later posting,
after Glenn questioned my statements, I replied as follows:

> I would suggest that if you provided a more concise bio for Mr.
> Lochbaum, instead of the paragraph that only stated that he was a
> student intern and a member of ANS, that the information would have
> been more appropriately received.

I believe that this should end the NPR, expert interviews available
to the media, etc.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205