RE: Field measurement of hard-to-detect radionuclides

	Quang said"Thin window GM detectors should be able to see
> C-14, so you may want to do a GM check in conjunction with your
> scintillation-probe check"  A GM detector should be able to find all of
> the nuclides you listed by the energy of beta each emits C-14(156keV),
> P-32(1.711MeV) P-33(249keV) S-35(167keV) Cr-51(753keV)

As for Ni-63 beta (67keV) it is a low enough energy not to penetrate the
dead layer of skin.  I assume the best way would be to use an open air
proportional detector such as Ludlum Model 44-110 used for tritum detection.

Jeffrey S. Vollmer
RSO
Mallinckrodt Inc.
jeffrey.vollmer@mkg.com