Nuke plant groundbreaking

FYI...

On October 20, Deputy Minatom Minister Ye. Reshetnikov, Russian Ambassador
in China I. Rogachyov and other official guests attended an official
ceremony of breaking the ground for construction of a nuclear power plant
in Jiangsu province of China. The work is conducted according to the
agreement on cooperation between two countries, signed in 1992 and the
general agreement on construction, signed in December 1997. Minatom is
financing the project in the amount of $2.5 billion; the credit should be
paid back after finishing construction of the plant. VVER-1000 with a power
output of 1 million kilowatt will be built. [Lenta 10/20]

Philip Hypes
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Safeguards Science and Technology Group (NIS 5)
(505) 667-1556  phypes@lanl.gov

Opinions expressed are purely my own unless otherwise noted