Re: again DU and fire

I'm wondering if this question is based on the concerns and the very WILD
speculation coming out of the Israeli El Al crash which happened in the
Netherlands sometime back? The DU counterweight in the tail section of the
crashed aircraft supposedly was the cause of several 'mysterious' medical
symptoms experienced by many (oh...maybe it was thousands) of people living
in the neighborhood where the craft went down.

The unproven maladies assumed to be associated with the crash have often
been cited by anti-nuke groups as an example of why DU bullets pose a
'significant' health risk to people living in areas of the world where
they've been used.

Ray Russ
SLAC OHP Group